North-South Development Roots and Cultures Canada is created to promote and integrate community relations in the following fields: Immigration, Communication, Culture development and artistic production, Education, Health and well-being of seniors:
1. Immigration: Ensure the well-being of newcomers to maximize their social and economic integration. Support creativity by assistance to entrepreneurship programs.
2. Communication: Favour multicultural communication by means of seminars, conferences, etc. Promote the creation of radio and other shows, on community channels and in newspapers, along with online shows.
3. Culture: Promote development and artistic production of events with cultural exchanges through artistic and literary meetings, such as cultural coffees, invites artists, the International Panafrican Film Festival, night of tales, etc. We also support creativity by assisting in projects.
4. Education: Help and support academic success, after school activities, summer camps to ease socializing, integration by promoting equal chances, mainly for young girls and boys from diverse communities.
5. Healthcare and well-being of seniors: Promote inter-generational relationships, inform peoples from the southern hemisphere and racialized communities in Canada of health issues. Support at home services for peoples in need.
6. Environment: Awareness growth to group of peoples from racialized communities towards respect for the environment. Increase consciousness of people living in the southern hemisphere of the wealth they have and the need to preserve it. Information sharing program on environmental issues for longer lasting development.
7. Youth engagement and violence prevention initiatives.